We have a particularly active international/cross-border practice. We assist overseas clients do business in Japan and Japanese clients do business overseas. Combining a global perspective with our strong local expertise, our foreign clients in particular benefit from our guidance in navigating the Japanese legal and regulatory environment towards achieving their business goals in Japan.
- Drafting, review, and negotiation of variety of commercial contracts, such as license agreements, distribution/agency, franchise and joint development agreements, as well as agreements and related documentation for joint ventures and M&A involving parties from multiple jurisdictions.
Cross-Border Dispute Resolution
- Advice and support for resolving cross-border disputes including representation of foreign clients in disputes with their Japanese business partners
Doing Business in Japan
- General legal guidance on doing business in/with Japan
- Assistance with establishing a business entity in Japan and preparation of internal rules and corporate maintenance documentation
- Assistance with obtaining licenses and other matters relating to compliance and dealing with the regulatory authorities
- Assistance with employment and labor issues
- Support for visa applications and emigration and immigration of employees